26 tenth and eleventh graders will take part in the study trip to Jena and Leipzig from 09.06.-24.06.2023.
They will go to Jena and Leipzig. When choosing the locations, it was important to maintain the existing cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller Universiy Jena (internship programme), the Duale Hochschule Gera (studies) and the city of Leipzig (twin city of Addis Ababa). The trip has the following goals:
The visit to Jena
The city is a cooperation partner in the internship programme. We would like to intensify this exchange and present Jena as a place of study and vocational training. A visit to the university (library, information desk of the international office, the geographical institute, various faculties,…), and the planetarium is planned.
The visit to the city of Leipzig
- In 2022, the DBSAA starts a cooperation with the Johannes Kepler Gymnasium Leipzig with the aim of exchanging experiences from the different living environments and building a lasting partnership.
- Finding partner families for pupils in Leipzig. To this end, talks are being sought with the Leipzig School Authority and the Leipzig State Office for Schools and Education.
- Expanding our pupils’ knowledge of German history: Visit the Buchenwald Memorial in Weimar, the Forum of Contemporary History in Leipzig and historical sites of the peaceful revolution.
- Study in Leipzig. Visit to the University of Leipzig, library visit, information desk of the International Office…), the Max Planck Institute and the BMW factory.
- Alumni meeting in Leipzig with a city tour.
- Participation of our students in the project “City in the City” in Addis Ababa with an “experimental table” in the framework of a cooperation with the Haus Steinstraße e.V.
- Cooperation with the Leipzig-Addis Ababa Association.